The JP Progressives have been a part of Jamaica Plain since 2009. In that time we have:
- Hosted, filmed and posted the video for nearly a dozen candidate forums, including the first Democratic Primary Governors forum series in the state in 2013 and 2014.
- Posted results of our Progressive Voter Guides
- Organized in Jamaica Plain for progressive causes
- Hosted events with Governor Patrick and Senators Warren and Markey
- Co-hosted forums on Income Inequality, Education, CORI Reform, Environment, and the State Budget
- Lobbied on issues ranging from Redistricting, Medicinal Marijuana, Council President, and more
Help us continue fighting for our values in Jamaica Plain. We will:
- Continue to fight for a just and progressive state income tax;
- Work on making Boston a more racially and economically equitable city;
- Advocate for better housing and jobs solutions in our community to reduce displacement;
- Participate in the planning processes that will potentially transform our neighborhood;
- Collaborate with other like-minded organizations in Boston;
- Continue working for a city and a neighborhood that is welcoming and eager to accept people of all ethnicities, from all corners of the Globe, and of any sexual persuasion.
We hope you will join our celebration, and help us continue to build towards a progressive future for JP, Boston and Massachusetts.